Gearing up for another all-nighter or dreading the essay you are yet to write? We have the solution! These insanely delicious, gooey brownies will take you to brownie heaven and practically do the study for you. They are so easy to make, you can fit them between university lectures. And the taste is to die for, you’ll become ‘Flatmate of the Year’. Thanks to this (and the wings it gives you!) it’s the ultimate study snack every student and chocoholic needs to try! You’ll never make another brownie again (and never search for student accomodation again because everyone will want to flat with you!).
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 120g high-quality dark chocolate
- 120g high-quality milk chocolate
- 170g / ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 160g / 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 50g / ⅓ cup high-quality cocoa powder (more if you prefer strong cocoa flavour)
- 100g / ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Butter a square baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Break dark chocolate into small chunks. Melt in bowl over hot water, then cool down.
- Melt butter and mix with the sugar. Briefly beat in eggs and vanilla essence until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix in melted (and cooled!) chocolate.
- Fold in cocoa powder, flour and salt. Don’t overmix.
- Break milk chocolate into small chunks. Fold approx. ¾ into batter.
- Transfer into baking dish.
- Add the remaining ¼ chocolate chunks on top, lightly pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes. Carefully check the level of gooeyness with a small knife. Note: Brownies will be slightly less gooey when cooled down.
- Cool down completely before cutting.
Enjoy this sensation and share with your friends (we know how hard sharing food can be!).