As we roll into May we find ourselves deep into the Super Rugby & NRL season. So I thought I would hit you with a bit of snack food this month. Get ready to wrap your laughing gear around these tasty skins.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 8 Large Potatoes
- 100g of Bacon finely diced
- 1 Cup of grated Cheese
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 pottle of Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper to season
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees, take all the potatoes and rub them with the olive oil. Once the oven is at temperature, put the spuds in and roast them for 1 hour. Make sure you give them a turn though after 30 minutes.
- When the spuds are done, take them out and leave them to cool. As soon as they are cool enough to handle, take a knife and cut them length ways. Turn the oven back on and raise the temp to 250 degrees.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh leaving a thin layer of potato against the skin. Return the skins to an oven tray on their backs and season the skins with salt & pepper. Sprinkle in a pinch of cheese and a tablespoon of diced bacon into each skin. Now put them back into the oven for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bacon is cooked
- Thinly dice some green onion to garnish and serve with some sour cream.