Now if you or your flatties have been lucky enough to get to the U S of A then surely you would have been to the infamous In – N – Out burger joint. I mean, if you go to America and don’t post a selfie on Instagram at In – N – Out Burger then have you really been to the ‘States’ at all? Well if you haven’t, never fear as here is my recipe for them that will fit into your student budget without a trip to America.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 800g of Beef mince
- 4 Burger Buns
- 8 Slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 Finely diced Onion
- 1 Large Tomato
- 3 Pickles/ Gherkins
- 1/2 of Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Pickle Relish
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Oil
- S & P to season
Cook Time: 15 mins
- Place mince in a large bowl and season well with salt & pepper. Divide mince into 8 even portions and roll into nice round balls and set aside
- To make the special sauce in another small bowl, combined the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, white vinegar and pickle relish.
- Also before cooking the patties, prepare all the other burger fillings. Finely dice the onion. Slice up the tomatoes and the pickles and wash the lettuce leaves.
- Preheat a large frypan to a medium – high heat and add the oil. Place each mince ball in the pan and press flat to less then a cm thick and cook for 2 minutes. Then flip to cook the other side. Once the patties are cooked remove from pan and place a slice of cheese on top of each patty.
- At the same time as the patties are cooking, take another pan and put onto a medium heat. Spilt the burger buns and toast them.
- Take the toasted bun bottom and spread generously with the “IN – N – OUT” sauce, then top with the pickles, then tomato, lettuce, meat patty with cheese x2, diced onion then burger bun top.