Wow, March already! This year seems to be flying along. Hopefully O’ Week treated you all well. From what I can remember of mine back in the day, it was a week of about 10 thousand beers and 20 packets of 2 minute noodles. So I thought I thought I would give you a good comfort food recipe for those that are still a little worse for wear.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Packet of Italian sausages
- 1 Large Onions finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon of minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 1 Cup of White wine
- 1 1/4 cups of Short grain Rice
- 3 1/2 cups of Chicken stock (reduced salt)
- 1/4 of a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Cook Time: 45 mins
- In a heavy, large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute sausage and onion until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice and wine; stir for 1-2 minutes or until wine is absorbed.
- Stir in 3 cups broth. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Continue adding stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until liquid is adsorbed and rice is tender and creamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan; cook 1 minute or until heated throughout. Season with black pepper. Garnish with parsley and additional cheese. Serve immediately.