With it still being the warmer time of the year this is a great recipe to make where you can cook it on the BBQ outside while enjoying summer warmth and a few summer ales.
Kiwi Fruit has a natural enzyme in itself that when used to marinate the beef, will start to break down the meats proteins making it perfect for turning a cut of beef that is normally known for being a tougher cut of meat and turning it into something that will just melt in your mouth.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 800g Rump or Blade steak, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 Ripened kiwi fruit
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Orange juiced
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 Red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 Firm kiwi fruit, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- Place Rump or Blade cubes (if using blade steak, be sure to cut out all the cartilage first) in a medium-size glass bowl. In a blender or food processor, combine 1 kiwi fruit with the garlic clove and soy sauce. Once blended, pour marinade over the beef. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to marinate.
- Meanwhile in a pot, combine the 1 1/2 cups of rice with 3 cups water, and salt. Bring to the boil. Once the rice is boiling cover with a lid and reduce temperature and simmer for about 12mins, or until water is absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Skewers can be cooked on the BBQ, under an oven grill or even a fry pan. Now be sure to soak 8 wooden skewers in water beforehand. Prepare the skewers by alternating the beef, bell pepper, red onion, and green kiwi chunks. Cook for 1 minute on each side or cooked to liking.
- Serve skewers over the rice.