So it’s your turn to cook again… you’re at the supermarket…. stuck for ideas…. and mince is on special!! Why not try this easy lasagna recipe, as lets be honest. Everybody is probably already sick of your spag bol….
- 1 kg of Beef Mince
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 jar of Spagetti Sauce (Tomato & Garlic)
- 500g of Cottage cheese
- 500g of Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 500g of fresh Lasagna pasta sheets
- 1 cup of grated Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180degrees C.
- In a large pan, cook onions until they start to go transparent then add the mince and stir until brown. Stir in pasta sauce, and heat through.
- In a medium size bowl, combine cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and eggs.
- Oil up your baking dish. Then spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of the 32 x 22 cm pan. Layer with uncooked lasagna sheets, cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and meat sauce. Continue layering until all ingredients are used, reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Top with remaining half cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.