Heres another snack recipe. Short, sharp an easy…
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 Cups of Polenta
- 100g of Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil. Once boiling add 1 cup of polenta. Whisk continually until polenta begins to thicken. Then simmer for 5 mins (or follow packet instructions).
- Now add in the butter and the cheese and continue to stir until melted in.
- Take a shallow oven tray and line it with grease proof paper. Pour the polenta into the tray and spread out evenly. Once you have done this, place in the fridge for 20 mins to set.
- While the polenta is in the fridge, take this time to heat up your deep fryer or an inch of cooking oil over a medium heat in a sauce pan (180 degrees).
- Take the polenta out and remove the grease proof paper and cut into chip size strips of your desire and roll in the left over un cooked polenta.
- Now gently place them in the oil and fry for 3 – 5 mins or nice and golden.
- Serve on a platter or as a side to a nice piece of steak, accompanied with your fave sauce to dip.