So its a few days before Christmas and you’re in a mad panic… You’ve been invited to a party and you have to bring a plate. You look in the fridge and all you have is a packet of breakfast sausages. Well here is a recipe that works with any budget, looks the goods and wont break the bank.
Ingredients: Serves 8
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1 Packet of Breakfast Sausages
- 500g of Streaky Bacon
- 1 Packet of Sage leaves (or 20 leaves)
- 1/2 a cup of BBQ Sauce
- 20 tooth picks
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees on fan bake.
- Cut the bacon the slices in half. Take your sausage, place 1 sage leaf on the sausage and roll up in the streaky bacon and spear with a tooth pick. Repeat steps until all sausages are wrapped and place in an oiled oven baking tray.
- Using a brush, paint the bacon on all the sausages with the bbq sauce and place into the oven.
- Every 5 minutes, paint another layer of BBQ sauce on up until 20 minutes or until the sausages and bacon are lovely golden and brown.
- Serve up on a large plater with a dipping bowl of sauce.